Thursday, May 12, 2011

Conservative Women Matter

A friend told me recently, "I don't think America is ready for a woman president."

I think it would be more accurate to say America may not be ready for a conservative woman president, but I'll get into that more on another date.  Right now I just hope America is ready for a conservative president of either sex; and I hope to have a part in making that happen.

It is up to those of us who share the philosophies of conservatives to carve time out of our busy schedules to champion at least one issue, and/or one candidate.   We need to speak up, get active, and stop apologizing for what we believe.

Check out this blog entry, written almost a year ago:  "Why Conservative Women Matter"

This interesting article by Beka Romm is a good read, especially if you happen to be a conservative woman who struggles with her identity or who thinks that you're too busy with kids, work, or elderly relatives to step up and make a difference.  It certainly spoke to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back!